Add value to your clients. Raise your profile. Improve your skills and make your bookkeeping practice thrive.
Improve your skills
Our most popular resources are:
- Six Steps to Six Figures, the eBook. Why limit your potential with self-limiting habits? Developed by our Editorial Board
- Podcasts. Tune in to our Influencer Series
- Building a great profile for your firm. Download here
- Jobs Board. Business is online looking for professionals. Use our search tool developed with Adzuna (a Fairfax partner).
- How to win a new client. New to the industry? Not getting referrals from accountants? Check out our guide.
Small Business Guides
If you are seeking to grow your practice then you need the business tools to grow your business and your income. Warning! Our guide are for the business-minded bookkeeper.
- Working with your client’s life cycle (and why it matters to the trusted advisor)
- Anatomy of a business failure. Learn about the key warning signs
- Managing the books. Position your service to suit the customer
- Position or die. The firm of the future will be a specialist in one or more areas. Our guide shows you how
- Business health check. An essential lesson for the business-minded bookkeeper
- Control your cash. A short guide to cash flow management for a SMB
- Is your accountant or bookkeeper keeping up with you? Give this to your clients; they will thank you for it.
- The bean-counters life: a horror story. Read and learn!
- The perils of shoebox accounting. A guide to bringing the SMB to contemporary practices
- When to hire a bookkeeper and not an accountant. Some great ideas to present to a prospective client
- A business plan for a bookkeeping practice. A guide
- Building a highly profitable bookkeeping business. Read how
- Breaking the time-for-money barrier. Don’t limit you earnings; break free from this barrier
- Head for the cloud. Read how and why
- Google Places is the essential resource for the business-minded bookkeepers
- New rules of marketing. Leverage technology to win new business.
Add value to your clients: Put your label on to these guides and raise your profile with the clients; and build an advisory revenue stream:
- Building better bank relationships. It’s tough to loosen the purse strings of banks these days. Show your SMB clients how to do it
- Credit control guide. Giving credit to customers: the defintive guide
- Business Health check. Brand this as your own guide (ask us how)
- Control your cash. Some easy steps for a SMB to follow
- Debt recovery. It’s the bane of small business – slow payers, bad payers, non payers.
Help your clients lift their game!
Bookkeepers Toolkit: Additional resources
- Agreement/Letter of Engagement
- Fee & price Guidance
- Code of professional conduct
- Bookkeeping Business Plan
Resources supplied by our alliance partners:
Debt collecting support for your SME clients from Prushka: Preferential rates are provided to TBH/BIA members and to their clients. Registration as a Prushka partner can be effected through https://www.prushka.com.au/bookeeping.cfm.There is no commission payable unless the debt is ultimately referred to Prushka for in-house collection
Resources supplied by our industry partners:
- Professional indemnity insurance is not an option for accountants or bookkeepers; it’s a must have. Fenton Green, brokers, have the optimal product for you. Protect your business whilst meeting your professional indemnity requirements, all at competitive rates, from only $220. Find out more here
- Creditor check for SMEs by Creditor Watch. Avoid creditor risk by subscribing to this service http://www.creditorwatch.com.au
- Make time sheets a thing of the past with tsheets. Ideal for your clients with trades and services. Check out the offer from this innovative group
- LoanWize can help with equipment and vehicle finance for SMBs. Download brochure here
- SAP Business One and partner Key Business Solutions which specialise in working with bookkeepers and their customers to implement and adapt SAP Business One to their unique needs. Information sheet here
For additional resources see Links
To receive discounts on partner products and services fill in the form below to email us:
[contact-form-7 id=”802″ title=”Bookkeepers Toolkit”]