Helping you grow your business
We at the Bookkeepers Hub are committed to supporting all our members – not just our professional bookkeepers and students and allied professionals but also our valued SMEs. You the SME owner are what keeps our professional members employed and growing their expertise. We do this by bringing resources to you which we know from our vast network of bookkeepers and of concern to you the business owner or entrepreneur. Here are some of our experts’ views:
Using your bookkeeper to increase profits
Once you have found your bookkeeper don’t simply outsource and ignore. You need to look at your management reports on a timely basis and incorporate them into your decision-making processes… Read More
Yet, thanks to decades of development by brands such as MYOB, Intuit and Reach, adoption of accounting software is cheap with online applications meaning every business can now afford an online system that organises their financial information… Read More
The value of predictability
In a nutshell the use of accounting software, bookkeepers and accountants is about profitability… Read More
Luckily, the first step to improved cash management isn’t exactly brain surgery… Read More
A bookkeepers perspective
Are you good at playing defence? At any moment, everything can change. Yet in business, you really can’t play the game unless you have a core understanding of your financials and cash flow… Read More
The Price of Bad Bookkeeping
“I recently worked for a client who was using credit cards to pay their business bills – that’s around 20% interest rate for cash-advance loan… Read More
- Achieving best practice through marginal gains - Where do we look for best practice when it comes to business or professional service firms? Industry benchmarks are good as are comparisons to other professional groups (bookkeepers can look to accounting firms or even law firms). But to get to the ultimate in best practice, think sport.........
- Today’s Enterprising Professional - What does an enterprising bookkeeping and accounting professional look like today? Busy? Multitasking? Yes. But more important is that they are customer-focused. Intuitively we all know what this means; at a more pragmatic level it means asking yourself some tough questions.
- The Art of Winning Customers - As any business owner can tell you, acquiring new customers is the driving force behind successfully growing a business. The same applies to financial services firms. But with the right skills and the resources it does not have to be a bridge too far.
- Work & Travel: Take care of business no matter where you are - We always hear stories of bookkeepers and accountants who are able to leave the country for months at a time, while maintaining their workload, and working with clients as if they are still in the office. Their peers and colleagues can never grasp the idea of travelling and working, and are always a little sceptical, but more so, really jealous.
- Bookkeepers: How can you sell your time? - When was the last time a business owner asked you: "Can I buy your time?" Bookkeeping clients may pay for your time, indeed they may ask what your time is worth, but what they really want is to know their books are up to date and, increasingly, need value added services.